Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Proud Mommy Moment

Well, this doesn't happen all the time, but it certainly was a great blessing today!

I was up all night with a sick and pretty pathetic Baby. I spent time in the bathroom breathing steamy air and in the rocking chair and on the couch (with my arm falling asleep, but too afraid to move because I didn't want to wake her). By the time everyone else was getting up at 6:30 this morning I thought I was going to cry I was so tired. I put The Baby in her swing and my Dear Hubby sent me off to bed. He brought her to me to nurse at 7:30 as he was leaving for the day and she slept until 10:00. And, guess what? So did I! When I came downstairs, The Girls had walked to Mass and The Boy was playing a math game on the computer! The Girls had finished their language arts for the week, made breakfast (and cleaned up!), read from the reading basket, practiced their tin whistles, and read their religion lesson to The Boy and all three had worked on their coloring sheet for the day! And The Boy hadn't gotten into any big trouble!

Thank you, dear children, for letting Mommy sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!