Thursday, October 15, 2009

A New Bishop for Duluth

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI today named Father Paul Sirba the ninth bishop of the Diocese of Duluth, Minnesota. I have known Father Sirba since I was in college at the University of Saint Thomas. He then served as a spiritual director at the Saint John Vianney college seminary. He was my spiritual director through college and for some years after. He witnessed our wedding vows ten years ago tomorrow. He is a dear friend. His appointment to Duluth makes me sad because he will be leaving us. This is selfish, I know, because his appointment is good for Duluth and for the Church. I know of no finer priest. Please pray with me for Bishop-elect Sirba, that God may continue to bless him as he begins his new ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!