Monday, October 5, 2009

My Daybook - October 5, 2009

For Today... Monday, October 5, 2009

Outside my window... it is only thirty-eight degrees. It is still dark out. There is rain in the forecast again. Autumn is definitely here.

I am thinking... about my broken camera and wondering where I can find a free one. I don't think I can. So, is there anyone is my family that has a spare one they're not using? It's not really in the budget to get a new one right now.

I am thankful for... a new week. If you read about last week, it only got better. Saturday on the way to the girls' first dance performance, the van ran out of gas. Now, considering the gas gauge has been broken for about five years, and we've NEVER run out of gas, I'd say that's pretty good. Usually, we fill the tank and keep track of the mileage. Well, the low fuel light also appears to be broken now, and the tank was evidently not filled last time. But ... all's well that ends well. I was able to coast into an empty parking lot before the van stopped moving. We weren't far from our destination and the girls' dance teacher very generously came to pick the girls up and they were still able to perform. And my very generous brother left the baseball game he was watching with friends to bring me some gas. Thank you, Natalie and Bill!

From the school room... the lesson plans are not done for the week, or for the day, so why am I blogging?

From the kitchen... I didn't make it to the grocery store this weekend as planned, so though my menus are done, I don't have what I need to make the meals. We'll scrounge today and hope to make it to the store this evening.

I am wearing... flannel pajama pants with green and hot pink polka-dots, a T-shirt that reads, "Does wine count as a serving of fruit?", a fleece robe, and fleece-lined crocs -- it's still early.

I am creating ...
plans for our second Little Flowers club meeting tomorrow afternoon. I am hosting this week.

I am going... to take all three of the older kids to their Irish dance lessons tonight. The Girls also have their tin whistle lesson. While they are at lessons, I will try to RUN to the library, the grocery store, and, if I'm lucky Target.

I am reading... The Examen Prayer, by Timothy Gallagher.

I am hoping... this week is better than last week.

I am hearing... the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard. All is quiet. The Girls won't be up for another five minutes.

Around the house... we're again recovering from the weekend. This time it looks like a tornado hit. I will be scrambling to get things in order again all day.

One of my favorite things... crisp, sunny, beautiful fall days.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Monday is dance and tin whistle lessons. Tuesday is Little Flowers. Wednesday and Thursday are also dance days. I have errands to run. We leave Friday morning for the Chicago Pat Roche Feis -- road trip!

Here is a picture-thought I am sharing...

(how all the pictures look from my camera that now needs to be replaced)

For more daybooks, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!