Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Daybook - May 25, 2010

Outside my window... it is almost ninety degrees out! Wasn't it just two and a half weeks ago that we had snow in the forecase!?! That's Minnesota for you. At least it's not as humid as it was yesterday.

I am listening to... the hum of the air conditioner. I just sent the kids upstairs for twenty minutes. I told them Mommy needed some quiet time. Do you ever have those days where everything just seems so LOUD? where every whine or raised voice or dropped toy leaves you twitching and the hair on the back of your neck standing up? I do.

I am thinking... about some fun summer brain activities for the kids and looking through MindWare and The Critical Thinking Co catalogs. Any suggestions?

I am thankful for... friends. Ever since I made our move known, we have had many invitations to visit before we head to North Dakota. It is going to be so hard to leave so many dear friends. We spent this past Saturday and Sunday evenings dining and hanging out with friends we haven't seen in a while. Thanks, guys, for the great eats, and for your friendship!

I am praying. I think I'm going to leave it at that this week -- I am praying. After meeting with my spiritual director on Friday, I'm resolved to begin a more consistent routine with my prayer life -- it's been a little haphazard (as has everything else!) lately.

I am hoping... we can find some time to enjoy our summer and explore our new home in between packing, moving, and house hunting. The summer is going to fly!

From the kitchen... Yesterday it was way too hot to cook. We went out for Chinese and ate in the air conditioned restaurant. Last night my DH put a couple of air conditioners in -- one upstairs and one in our schoolroom -- but it's still too hot to use the oven. I think I'll make some pasta for dinner.

From the schoolroom... Hopefully, we will finish our schoolwork this week! We have a little more review to do. The Girls have a couple of tests to take. The Boy has two reading lessons left.

I am creating... packing plans. What do I pack for the transitional house? What do I pack for storage? It's difficult to determine because I don't know if we'll be in the transitional house just for the summer, or if we'll end up living there until after Christmas.

I am reading... Jesus of Nazareth and Praying Scripture for a Change: An Introduction to Lectio Divina.

Around the house... We're scrambling to make things presentable for three showings this week. Luckily, though, it's not my house to sell (we're just renting), so I don't feel the same kind of pressure.

One of my favorite things... this hat. at least on this baby. with those big baby blues.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Today: I had my annual performance review at work this morning. I "meet standards." Yeah.
Wednesday: a showing and dance
Thursday: a showing and Fr. B is celebrating ten years of the priesthood! Auguri!
Friday and Saturday: the Minnesota Catholic Home Education Conference ... I'd love to go, but I don't think we're going to make it this year. I highly recommend it if you live in the area.

A video I am sharing: The Girls tin whistle recital from this past Sunday at the Center for Irish Music.




For more daybooks, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!