Monday, March 15, 2010

My Daybook - March 15, 2010

For Today... Monday, March 15, 2010

Outside my window... the sun is rising a little later than it was last week.

I am hearing... my DH eating breakfast in the kitchen and The Girls starting their schoolwork in the dining room.

I am thinking... about Bismarck, North Dakota ... more on this later.

I am praying... for my DH -- he is being stretched to the max right now -- teaching two courses, including his first graduate level course, preparing for a big interview, working on his dissertation, trying to spend some time with his wife and kiddos.

I am thankful for... sunshine! It was absolutely gorgeous outside yesterday. We even ate lunch in the park. without jackets. and the kids got their bikes out for the first time this year.

From the school room... we're going to have to simplify things this week and mostly focus on catching up. Having two Irish dancers during this time of year makes for a very. busy. week.

From the kitchen... things are going to have to be simplified here, too, because most evenings we will be gone ... lots of crock pot recipes, I think, or bigger meals at noon and pack sandwiches to take with us.

I am creating ... plans for an American Girls birthday party for The Younger Girl. I finished the invitations yesterday.

I am reading... work-stuff. I'm open to suggestions for any good novels you've read lately.

I am hoping... to make it through the week with a minimum of stress and yelling.

Around the house... We were gone yesterday -- The Girls danced at the Irish Music and Dance Association's Day of Irish Dance -- so the house isn't starting out quite as picked up as I like on a Monday morning.

One of my favorite things... steak -- last evening, my DH grilled steaks for the first time this year and we enjoyed them with loaded baked potatoes and roasted asparagus. Yummy!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Dance classes for all three big kids tonight. Tuesday The Girls will perform for a seniors group. Wednesday we'll spend the day at the Landmark Center for The Irish Music and Dance Association's St. Patrick's Day Irish Celebration -- The Older Girl will perform in three shows and The Younger Girl in one. Afterward, we'll head north to my sister's for corn beef! Friday The Girls have a performance at a nursing home. Saturday I'm hosting the second of my four birthday parties. In the evening, the dance studio is hosting a relax-together-after-all-the-craziness-of-St. Patrick's Day-party. Whew!


For more daybooks, visit here.

1 comment:

  1. It was great seeing you yesterday! Good luck with the busy week of dancing. I will try to remember to leave those books at the desk for you tonight, so please check ... Also, I will be intrigued to see what you come up with for the American Girls' party. Sounds like something my oldest would *love* for her next birthday ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!