Monday, March 1, 2010

My Daybook - March 1, 2010

For Today... Monday, March 1, 2010

Outside my window... the sun was shining today and the snow melting. The backyard is turning into a small pond, which is slowly making its way into the garage.

I am hearing... The Oldest Girl getting ready for bed.

I am thinking... about silence, about trust, about letting go ... more on this in another post, I think.

I am praying... for the Handmaids of the Heart of Jesus -- a wonderful group of young women starting a new religious community in the Diocese of New Ulm. We will be attending their investiture and one of their member's simple profession of vows later this month.

I am thankful for... the fact my house did not burn down today. I put some chicken on to start cooking because Monday night dinners are rushed in between tin whistle and dance lessons. I dropped the girls off at whistle lessons, returned some overdue books to the library, filled the car with gas (low fuel light on for the second day), and on the way to pick the girls up remembered I had left the stove on! I stopped home to turn it off. Dinner was, thankfully, salvageable.

From the school room... we're trying to catch up on a few things this week -- yes, I'm behind here, too. Any Latinists out there? The Girls just finished Prima Latina and I'm not sure what to do now.

From the kitchen... this week's menu:
Monday: fajitas and southwestern corn
Tuesday: upside-down meatloaf, sliced potatoes and onions, and carrots
Wednesday: pork chops and rice, green beans, applesauce, and biscuits
Thursday: taco soup and tortilla chips

I am creating ... plans for The Older Girl's birthday party this weekend. It's a cowgirl theme -- any ideas for games?

I am going...
to get something to eat and go read some work stuff when I'm done with this.

I am reading... Redeeming Love, a retelling of the story of Hosea.

I am hoping... to write a February birthdays post and a Lent post some time this week.

Around the house... the laundry is piling up, the dust bunnies are attacking, and the paperwork pile is close to teetering over ... but the kitchen garbage can is clean. finally. Ahhh, the small things (seriously, people, this was the highlight of my day!).

Noticing that ... I am very tired.

One of my favorite things... not smelling poop for a whole day! (Don't ask.)

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm not sure. I've really been taking it as it comes lately. I plan to keep going forward.

A picture-thought:

One year ago ... and he still ADORES her!!!

For more daybooks, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!