Friday, January 8, 2010

On the Move

Mom has been dreading this stage since we moved into this house before I was born. Why? I'm not sure. I think it's great.

She says the house isn't really baby-proof, whatever that means. She complains there's not a lick of carpet anywhere -- what's carpet? I do know that it hurts when I lose my balance and bump myself on the floor. And it's really easy to find every little thing I can to test in my mouth. For some reason this freaks Mom out and she's constantly putting her finger in my mouth to see what I'm testing -- I don't particularly enjoy this. There are no doors at the top or bottom of the stairs, so now Mom's complaining about climbing over a gate that she uses to make sure I don't fall down these, although I'm very interested to see what stairs are about. I also hear her complaining about the old baseboard heaters in every room -- I guess I haven't gotten close enough to those yet.

Right around Christmas, I finally figured out how to move this body of mine wherever I want it to go. I especially like to help out in the kitchen around dinnertime -- Mom is especially busy then and she's fun to watch.

Can I get that drawer for you, Mom?

Are we broiling anything tonight?

Let me help you unload those pretty Christmas dishes.

Mom seems to want me to play with the magnets on the fridge. I put a few on the floor, but that doesn't seem very helpful. I can't understand why every time I want to get the cookbooks out for her, this stupid stool is in the way. Well, I guess I'll just help unwrap these ramen noodles instead.

I'm so proud of the big girl I'm getting to be. Soon I'll be helping my Older Sisters.

If Mom will stop putting me in this cage just when I'm being most helpful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!