Monday, January 4, 2010

My Daybook - January 4, 2010

For Today... Monday, January 4, 2010

Outside my window... it's FREEZING -- it's supposed to get around ten below zero tonight, not including the wind chill factor. I don't really like it when it's THIS cold because the kids can't get outside for very long in the afternoon for recess, which means they have extra ants in their pants, which means I'm going crazy by three o'clock. Man, I miss my large finished basement!

I am thinking... about what 2010 has in store for our family. It will likely include a difficult move away from friends and family and familiarity. We're still praying for the miracle it appears it will take for us to stay where we are. I am also praying that I can be open to whatever the Lord has in mind for us next.

I am thankful for... a return to routine after weeks of Advent and Christmas activities.

From the school room... Today was the first day back to school -- enough said.

From the kitchen... The refrigerator is still pretty full of holiday leftovers, so we worked on making room for new stuff today. Last night we had our friend Father B over for dinner. I made the Corsican Beef Stew he spied in my Italian Cooking Encyclopedia on one of his recent visits. It was scrumptious -- perfect for a cold, wintery night.

I am wearing... black warm-up pants, a T-Shirt that reads "I'd Rather be in Italy" (wouldn't I!?!), and a gray hooded fleece.

I am creating ... plans for the rest of the school year.

I am going... to go pick up The Older Girl from dance. And then I am going to catch up on some work while I wait for my DH to get home from an Evening of Recollection.

I am reading... work-related stuff. always.

I am hoping... I get a good night sleep tonight. I need to catch up after a weekend of partying too late.

I am hearing... The Boy race upstairs to brush his teeth "in a timely fashion" so that he can look at books while I go get his sister instead of going right to bed.

Around the house... one more week to enjoy the Christmas decorations.

One of my favorite things... surprises. Bishop Sirba was in town last night and stopped by to say hello.


A few plans for the rest of the week: Get back into the school routine. Catch up on work stuff. Stay warm.

A picture-thought I am sharing: Father B is worse than an uncle! (Or better according to the kids!) I was ready to throw him out in the backyard in the snow with my super-wound (thanks to him) kids last night.


For more daybooks, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!