Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Orlando Recap

I realized with all the busyness of our move that I never posted any pictures from our jaunt to Orlando.

The Older Girl and I had a great trip. Our flights were without incident. Our accommodations at Walt Disney World's Coronado Springs Resort were fabulous. It rained quite a bit the first two days, but it didn't bother us at all -- it was very warm and the grounds were beautiful.

We both had fun at the pool and on the water slide.

The Girl even got to spend some time swimming with her friends from her old dance school in Milwaukee, who were also in Orlando for Nationals.

Though she didn't place as well as she had hoped in her competition, competing at the national level as a nine-year-old is a big deal.

And Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom was a good distraction after her disappointment. Her favorite rides were the Tomorrowland Speedway, which we did twice.

And Splash Mountain, which we got to ride three times -- the last time because the park was closing in five minutes and there was no one else in line, so they let us ride twice in a row!

Other than the stress of a daughter competing in a major competition, which really was stressful for me, the rest of the trip was quite relaxing. I didn't have to cut anyone's food or wash anyone's hair or make a meal or make a bed. I had the most self-sufficient of my children with me, so it was more a vacation than a family trip.

And, as you parents of many children realize, it is rare to have the opportunity to spend an extended period of time with any one child. My four days with my oldest daughter will be a time I will always treasure.


1 comment:

  1. What a special trip! And a special time with your daughter! Greg and I stayed at the same resort when we celebrated our 5-year anniversary in Orlando =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!