"God made us for joy. God is joy, and the joy of living reflects the original joy that God felt in creating us." (St. John Paul the Great)

Monday, August 9, 2010

Along the Road

I spent the first half of my day today 
working on an appeal of a marriage nullity case to Rome.

I spent the second half of my day 
working on plans for the new school year.

By dinner time I was fried. 

completely. 

fried.

After dinner, I took The Baby down the road to get our mail.

While I lament not having a garden again this year, 
I am thoroughly enjoying the wild prairie that grows along our road --

hearing the grasses rustling in the wind,

smelling the warm pines,

taking in the colors -- bright red and deep green,

sunny orange and emerald.

I love the daisies,

and the thistles,

in varying stages of bloom,

and, oh, the sunflowers!

The Baby enjoyed her explorations too -- 

feeling the warm sun,

touching the grasses

and flowers,

And I enjoyed my daughter's wonder, and her antics.

Along the road, I am renewed.

I am ready for bed.

I am ready for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!