Monday, August 9, 2010

Along the Road

I spent the first half of my day today 
working on an appeal of a marriage nullity case to Rome.

I spent the second half of my day 
working on plans for the new school year.

By dinner time I was fried. 

completely. 

fried.

After dinner, I took The Baby down the road to get our mail.

While I lament not having a garden again this year, 
I am thoroughly enjoying the wild prairie that grows along our road --

hearing the grasses rustling in the wind,

smelling the warm pines,

taking in the colors -- bright red and deep green,

sunny orange and emerald.

I love the daisies,

and the thistles,

in varying stages of bloom,

and, oh, the sunflowers!

The Baby enjoyed her explorations too -- 

feeling the warm sun,

touching the grasses

and flowers,

And I enjoyed my daughter's wonder, and her antics.

Along the road, I am renewed.

I am ready for bed.

I am ready for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!