Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday Successes - Volume 2

I am a little frustrated by the lack of time I have had to post lately -- I have so many fun things to share and so many other things to write about (I have the titles saved to remind me later) -- but we are definitely in survival mode around here -- one step at a time, moving closer to our goal of a finished dissertation. My DH is giving it his all. And I'm giving all I can give to everything else. And trying to be cheerful about it, too.

Last night, we went over to my parents' for a taco party and to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics. We didn't get to bed until after midnight, so my Saturday started out a little slow. But here's the beginning of my list of successes.

*** grabbed some coffee and a brownie

*** fed The Baby breakfast, with help of DH

*** made our bed (on a Saturday!)

*** gave The Kids their Saturday chore lists

*** loaded the dishwasher

*** made and ate a fried egg and cheese sandwich (for the benefit of my DH, who is making sure I eat on Saturdays -- I have a tendency to neglect this in favor of getting more done)

*** completed one defender brief (For those of you who don't know, I serve as the Defender of the Bond for the Court of Second Instance for our Archdiocese. I do a lot of my work on Saturdays -- I have to catch-up on what I didn't have time to get to during the week. My work involves reading the evidence and decision of a First Instance Court for a marriage nullity case (popularly, but incorrectly, known as an annulment) and then writing a brief outlining everything that favors the validity of the marriage -- I defend the bond of marriage.)

5:00 UPDATE:

*** took a shower

*** folded a load of laundry, put a load in the dryer, and started a load of towels

*** supervised the lunch routine

*** ate a tortilla with melted cheese and salsa

*** unloaded the dishwasher

*** folded another load of laundry, put the towels in the dryer, and started a load of sheets

*** completed another defender brief

8:00 UPDATE:

*** picked up the house

*** ordered a heart-shaped pepperoni pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner

*** set the table for our Lord's Day dinner

*** enjoyed prayer, pizza, and salad with my family

*** took sheets out of the dryer and put new Valentine's t-shirts from Gramma in the washing machine for tomorrow

*** cleaned up from dinner and loaded the dishwasher

*** dealt with very fragile kids before bed (The Girls told me they stayed up until 1:00 am reading Harry Potter last night!), prayed with them, and put them to bed. early.

*** put Valentine's shirts in the dryer and put rags in the washing machine

*** filled a bucket with bleach (said bucket holds poopy underwear ... don't get me started)

*** poured a glass of wine

10:30 UPDATE:

*** drank glass of wine

*** tried to work on third defender brief, but was very distracted by Apolo Anton Ohno and JR Celski and Hannah Kearney and Shannon Bahrke (DH brought 13" emergency TV up from basement -- shhhh! -- Go Team USA!)

2 comments:

  1. I love your Saturday Successes!:) It was fun to chat this morning...BTW Lucas had a tortilla with cheese and salsa for lunch, too.:)

    What a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing what you do. I went through the annulment process many years ago and in another diocese. The experience led to my reversion, understanding of God's true plan for marriage and a deep desire for a second chance at the real thing. I truly believe the Holy Spirit guided the whole process and eternally grateful that God gave me a second chance!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!