"God made us for joy. God is joy, and the joy of living reflects the original joy that God felt in creating us." (St. John Paul the Great)

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Successes - Volume 1

I tend to get bogged down with my to-do list on Saturdays. With working full-time and home-schooling, everything else tends to have to wait until Saturday. My list is usually a week's worth of stuff that I'm trying to cram into one day. I don't eat properly. I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I yell at the kids to stay out of my way. I'm a machine. This week I'm trying something new ... instead of a to-do list, I'm starting with a clean slate and seeing how many successes I can add. Check back often for an update ...

*** finished working on the marriage case I started yesterday afternoon

*** had a cup of coffee and a brownie

*** made a menu for the week

*** made a grocery list and a Sam's Club list

*** sent a couple e-mails

*** got The Baby dressed and ready for the day

*** helped The Girls finish a reading project

*** did a little birthday shopping on amazon

*** helped The Boy with his virtues project for Blue Knights

*** took a shower

*** made some Pizza Rolls to eat while I created this post

And it's only 10:30! Stay tuned ...

Won't you join me in celebrating your Saturday successes?

12:30 UPDATE:

*** picked up kitchen

*** packed away winter dishes (a little prematurely, but I started cleaning up in the basement after our rain shower and this bin was next in line)

*** typed up and printed Lord's Day prayers for this evening

*** supervised lunch for the kiddos

3:30 UPDATE

*** brought The Boy to Blue Knights

*** went to Sam's Club

*** picked The Boy up

*** unloaded Sam's Club purchases

*** made a loaf of garlic herb bread for dinner (actually, I just put the ingredients in the bread machine and I'm letting it do the real work)

10:00 UPDATE

*** went to the grocery store

*** unpacked groceries

*** made bolognese sauce for dinner

*** put away all the groceries and Sam's Club purchases

*** made salad for dinner (with The Older Girl's help)

*** picked up the main rooms of the house

*** set the table

*** hosted a wonderful evening with Fr. Humberto and Br. Adam and Br. Alvaro

*** loaded the dishwasher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!