"God made us for joy. God is joy, and the joy of living reflects the original joy that God felt in creating us." (St. John Paul the Great)

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday Successes - Volume 7

Since the last time I posted, which seems like eons ago, I've hosted a slumber party, three birthday parties, and a Seder meal. I've attended the investiture and simple profession of vows of four young women starting a new religious community in the Diocese of New Ulm. I traveled with the family to Bismarck, North Dakota for four days. And I have pictures and stories to share about all of the above. And I have bills to pay. And taxes to file. And errands to run. And overdue library books to return. And Easter clothes and shoes to find. And a potluck to attend. And ... and ... and ... yes, folks, lest I get too discouraged this morning, it's time for an edition of Saturday Successes. Link up and join me!

* got out of bed and got a cup of coffee
* wrote this post

11:30 UPDATE:
* found recipes for pies and made a grocery list
* went on a spring shoe hunt in the basement and was (finally!) successful
* found Easter outfits for most and tried them on
* made a shopping list to complete Easter outfits
* poured another cup of coffee
* made a fried egg and cheese sandwich
* had my usual morning chat with my sister while eating the above-mentioned sandwich
* got The Baby fed and dressed
* took a shower
* ran to Target and picked up groceries and goodies for Easter baskets

3:30 UPDATE:
* put The Baby down for a nap
* unpacked groceries
* made strawberry jell-o beans
* arranged a meat and cheese tray
* scooped the strawberry jell-o beans out of the mold and made some orange ones
* attended a potluck at our church
* sent all four kids upstairs for a nap in the hopes of attending the Easter Vigil this evening

6:30 UPDATE:
* scooped the orange jell-o beans out of the mold and made some lemon ones (still lamenting that my Target does not carry the preferred pineapple ones)
* laid down with The Boy for a twenty-minute power nap in the hopes he would fall asleep (and he did -- big success!)
* scooped the lemon jell-o beans out of the mold and made some lime ones
* chatted with my mom while making a pie crust
* scooped the lime jell-o beans out of the mold and made some berry-blue ones
* chatted with my grandmother in New York while making a second pie crust
* scooped the berry-blue jell-o beans out of the mold and made some grape ones

11:30 UPDATE:
* picked up the house
* got myself and The Girls ready for Mass
* attended a beautiful Easter Vigil liturgy
* scooped the grape jello-beans out of the mold
* heated some leftovers for dinner
* filled and hid the Easter baskets


1 comment:

  1. Happy and Blessed Easter to you and yours!
    I keep lurking but not commenting . . . sorry. I had to move blogs . . . you can find me (if you wish) at: http://prayer4thejourney.wordpress.com

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!