"God made us for joy. God is joy, and the joy of living reflects the original joy that God felt in creating us." (St. John Paul the Great)

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fear Not

Fear is a powerful thing. It can paralyze. But ...

... if I fear the unknown, I may never know it.
... if I fear rejection, I may miss an opportunity to speak the truth.
... if I fear being hurt, I may miss an opportunity to love.
... if I fear failure or imperfection, I may never try.
... if I fear losing control, I may never learn to trust the One who is really in control.
... if I fear discovering who I really am, I may never know who God is calling me to be.

Isaiah reminds us in the first reading today (41:13):

I am the LORD, your God,
who grasp your right hand;
It is I who say to you,
"Fear not, I will help you."

http://www.passionwind.org/powerpoint/2010/handgrasp.jpg

Perfect love drives out fear (1 Jn 4:18).

And growth results.

And life is evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!