Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fear Not

Fear is a powerful thing. It can paralyze. But ...

... if I fear the unknown, I may never know it.
... if I fear rejection, I may miss an opportunity to speak the truth.
... if I fear being hurt, I may miss an opportunity to love.
... if I fear failure or imperfection, I may never try.
... if I fear losing control, I may never learn to trust the One who is really in control.
... if I fear discovering who I really am, I may never know who God is calling me to be.

Isaiah reminds us in the first reading today (41:13):

I am the LORD, your God,
who grasp your right hand;
It is I who say to you,
"Fear not, I will help you."

http://www.passionwind.org/powerpoint/2010/handgrasp.jpg

Perfect love drives out fear (1 Jn 4:18).

And growth results.

And life is evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!