Monday, October 11, 2010

My Daybook - October 11, 2010

Outside my windows... it has been an absolutely glorious fall.

crisp misty mornings

balmy backyard afternoons

picture perfect sunsets

I am listening to... some great new music we bought last weekend -- Pioneer Dance Tunes of the Far West.

I am thinking... about the house across the street from us that is for sale and wondering how we can win the lottery without playing.

I am thankful for... three less poopy diapers since September 23 -- and she's only nineteen months old!


I am hoping and praying... that the Osterbauer family has a great trip to Europe and Mommy Osterbauer's cold goes away. like yesterday.

From the kitchen... the smells of fall -- homemade applesauce in the crock pot, a slow cooking pork roast, onion bread in the bread maker, chili on the stove -- anything to make the house smell warm and cozy for an extended period of time -- that's what we're eating lately.

From
the schoolroom... everyone is enjoying The Prairie Primer. Our latest project? We're all (including The Boy) learning how to knit.


I am creating... homemade vanilla extract. I went to a mom's night out gathering last Thursday evening -- what a great group of women! We shared wine and snacks and made homemade vanilla extract to give as Christmas gifts (or to keep for myself), complete with gift tags and beaded bottle toppers. I haven't had a crafty girls night in eons and had a very enjoyable evening.


I am reading... The Tale of Despereaux (for the first time!).

Noticing that ... I love North Dakota.

Around the house...
the fall decorations are coming out.


One of my favorite things... kids and leaf piles.


Pondering these words ... "If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers." (Maya Angelou)

A few plans for the rest of the week: put the rest of the fall decorations out, clean off my desk and pay bills, enjoy the company of my in-laws, arriving Wednesday evening for the weekend, celebrate eleven years of marriage to the most wonderful man ever.

Some picture-thoughts I am sharing: the girls' new best friend -- Major.




For more daybooks, visit here.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely day book post,

    I love what is in your kitchen, applesauce in the crock pot. Pork Roast.. My family would love that....

    Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hoping and praying for us...way back then! I just was looking over your blog at some of the posts I've missed. I sure missed this one! I think your photos are great. Can you teach me how to do that? I have a terrible relationship with my camera...any camera!!:(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!