Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thankful Thursday 1/31

Taking The Artist as my inspiration ... here are ten things I'm grateful for this week.


one: a warm, cozy house
(with wind chills dipping into the thirties below zero outside, 
it's especially easy to be grateful for this one this week)


two: warm oatmeal raisin cookies
(I haven't baked cookies in a while -- a task usually done by The Artist -- 
but having a light reading load this week and unable to warm up sitting still on the couch 
led me to the kitchen -- best oatmeal cookie recipe ever, our go-to)


three: a pretty pink origami tulip 
(from The Bookworm -- a new skill learned in her Arts and Crafts for Girls co-op class)


four: my birdhouse
(new visitor this week: the Slate-colored Dark-eyed Junco)


five: sunshine
(streaming through my bedroom window on this frosty morning)


six: Pip
(our playful Budgie -- so sweet to have bird songs in the house,
especially in the dead of winter)


seven: Mr. Bubbles LaCroix
(The Athlete's Beta fish moved down to the kitchen this week while his owner is in Haiti 
-- so we don't forget to feed him! -- and we've been enjoying his bubbles all week)


eight: having my hubby at home
(sub-zero temperatures meant he got to work at home twice this week)
(note the pile of blankets on the empty couch)
(I'm sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace
wrapped in an electric blanket he just brought me!)


nine: live bedtime music
(The Musician knows what I like when it's time to relax)
(He doesn't want me to post this -- he just learned this song that day 
and the video was taken on my phone so the quality isn't very good.)
(But I'm the Mom.) (And I like it.)



ten: The Athlete will be back in the U.S. day after tomorrow
(the multiple daily notifications of unrest and danger
from the Embassy in Haiti are not helpful)


What are you grateful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!