Thursday, March 31, 2011

Me and My Better Half

Thought I'd join Hallie and others in listing

Ten Facts about Me and My Better Half

-- 1 --
We met my freshman year in college in a class on Augustine's Confessions.

-- 2 --
For the first three years of our friendship, he was in the seminary.
For two of those years, I was in a serious relationship with someone else.

-- 3 --
We got engaged in Saint Peter's square in Rome on my 23rd birthday.

-- 4 --
Our wedding bands are inscribed with the Latin S.E.M.P.E.R..A.M.I.C.I.

-- 5 --
Once married, the poor man happily willingly adjusted
to some of my more obsessive-compulsive qualities,
like alphabetized spices and labels facing out.

-- 6 --
He has the coffee made and waiting for me almost every morning.

-- 7 --
We love to spend winter evenings watching
old Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons episodes
while snuggled up in bed together with a glass of wine.

-- 8 --
He jokes that I think he is the best husband because of my work --
I have low standards because I read about failed marriages all the time.
But, he really is the best.
(Sorry, ladies.)

-- 9 --
We make beautiful children together.

-- 10 --
After eleven years, it only keeps getting better.

1 comment:

  1. Alphabetized spices...hmmm...that's not a non-negotiable for me, but I can certainly understand why it would be for you.

    But I'm totally with you on the labels facing out thing. How could anyone possibly tolerate anything else?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!