Monday, November 23, 2009

My Daybook - November 23, 2009

For Today... Monday, November 23, 2009

Outside my window... it is dark and hazy, high forties. There is rain in the forecast and then rain turning to snow. I'd like some pretty white snow (as soon as we are safely home from our Thanksgiving travels).

I am thinking... about what the future holds. Where will we be next year at this time? I like to worry (not really, but I do it so much you'd think it was true). My husband sent me this last week:
In all your affairs lean solely on God’s Providence, by means of which alone your plans can succeed. Meanwhile, on your part work on in quiet cooperation with Him, and then rest satisfied that if you have trusted entirely to Him you will always obtain such a measure of success as is most profitable for you, whether it seems so or not to your individual judgment. (St. Francis de Sales)
I am thankful for... hot tea before bed -- hot liquids are supposed to go a long way in sickness prevention; they kill the germs residing in your throat before they have a chance to take hold.

From the school room... Pippi Longstocking, prepositional phrases, tall tales, Genesis stories, calendars, Jon van Eyck, and ancient Egypt.

From the kitchen... pork chops with apples, acorn squash (with lots of brown sugar and butter), and green beans.

I am wearing... grey warm-up pants and a hot pink long-sleeved tee.

I am creating ... my Jesse tree ornaments -- slowly, slowly -- eleven done.

I am going... to Columbus, Ohio for the Mid-America Oireachtas this weekend.

I am reading... catalogs and website reviews -- I am ordering 90%-100% of my Christmas presents on-line this year. I do. not. like. going to the mall in December.

I am hoping... that Younger Girl and Baby don't pass their drippy noses to the rest of us, especially Older Girl who is competing this weekend.

I am hearing... the refrigerator humming and my fingers on the keyboard.

Around the house... Why can't my desk stay cleaned off for more than an hour!?!

One of my favorite things... Stir-Crazy popcorn with lots of butter and salt.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Tuesday is The Girls last Little Flowers meeting of the year. Wednesday The Girls have dance class. Thursday we are leaving for Columbus. We will stop in Milwaukee and celebrate Thanksgiving with friends. Saturday we will get together with our friend Bishop Campbell. Sunday Emily competes. Monday we drive home.

Here is a picture-thought I am sharing:

This cracked me up -- the rest area/welcome center upon entering Iowa -- a barn!

For more daybooks, visit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!