Sunday, January 5, 2020

Living The Lord's Day Well

I'm a do-er. I struggle with be-ing. Especially when I'm at home on a Sunday afternoon and the dishwasher needs to be unloaded and the laundry folded and the lesson plans prepared for the week and ... and ... and ....

But I'm also a work in progress. So I'll try (again!) to set Sunday aside as a day for prayer and rest and family ... even (especially?) when I am at home.

Today I turned some overripe pears into a cake.


I finished reading my Christmas book and colored for a while.


I took a nap. (So did The Athlete.)


I reveled in feeling like I was in a snow globe 
(for a very few minutes ... the snowfall so far this "winter" has been lame).


I listened to the Vikings win (in overtime!).

I shared a meal and prayed a rosary with the family.


We blessed our home for the new year. (Happy Epiphany!)


I sipped a glass of wine and wrote this blog post.

What's your favorite way to keep holy the Lord's Day?

Need some ideas?
If you're in the Archdiocese of Detroit, or even if you're not,
check this out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!